Our Typical Work Activities and Products, when warranted by the case
Our work investigating, analyzing and reconstructing accidents, and presenting the results, may include any or all of the following, depending on the needs of the case and the desires of the client, but is not necessarily limited to the items in the list below.
● inspection of the accident site and area to collect evidence
● inspection of the involved equipment, products, etc. to collect evidence
● coordinating and/or interfacing with others while they are preparing specialized exhibits such as
video animations and videos of demonstrations
● review and study of case documents and evidence
● preparing written reports and affidavits presenting the results of the work
● doing calculations, graphical analyses and computer analyses, and preparing drawings,
and other analytical aids
● photography and/or video of the accident site, involved equipment, testing, etc.
● testimony in deposition, trial and arbitration
- such as roadways, off-road, outdoor facilities, indoor facilities, buildings, homes, commercial establishments, industrial facilities, etc.
- such inspection could include observing operation of the involved equipment when damage has not occurred to the equipment, such as industrial and commercial equipment, household items, vehicles, etc.
- such inspection could include inspection of damaged equipment, particularly if the damage is related to the incident, such as crashed vehicles, the remains of an explosion, etc.
● verbal reports, by telephone or in face-to-face conferences
We present the results of our investigations, engineering analyses and reconstructions in the client's choice of any, or all, of the following.
Presentation of the results of our work
● written reports and affidavits
● deposition testimony, including video deposition
● trial testimony and arbitration testimony
verbal reports are available as the work progresses
● measurements and data recording, when and as appropriate
● testing and developing test programs and/or witnessing testing of involved equipment and
products and exemplar products and equipment
- when and as appropriate - which may involve testing labs or field testing
● developing test programs, and testing for parameters applicable to an accident
- for example: a test program to determine the average speed of bicycles ridden by 9 year old girls within certain weight and height limits riding under certain specified conditions, for an accident involving a girl riding a bicycle who was 9 years old on the date of the incident and was within the same weight and height limits riding under the same conditions, but is several older at the time of the work on the accident that requires the data and/or is unable to ride a bike in the same manner as she did on the date of the incident
● consultation with the client, when requested, at any time during the work
other activities not listed above that may be appropriate for a particular case, either conducted directly by us or in which we participate, or which we witness
- often during the inspection of the accident site and/or product and/or equipment - when equipment or a product is an issue, interviews are often done during operation of the involved equipment or product, if it is operable
● research in applicable codes, standards and recommended practices
- as required to analyze the accident and reconstruct the accident, and to present the engineering analysis and reconstruction
● preparing exhibits for reports and trial, including photographs and drawings
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering, through its Senior Forensic Engineer, James D. Madden, P.E., a licensed professional engineer, has performed Accident Investigations, Engineering Analyses and Accident Reconstructions for accidents, incidents and cases in the metropolitan areas of Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Toledo, Warren, Youngstown, Mansfield, Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, Lima, Findlay, Marietta and Steubenville, as well elsewhere throughout Ohio, and the metropolitan areas of Pittsburgh and Erie, as well as elsewhere throughout western and central Pennsylvania, and the metropolitan areas of Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Flint and Port Huron, as well as elsewhere in southern Michigan, and the metropolitan areas of Buffalo and Syracuse, as well as elsewhere in western and central New York state. In many of these areas James D. Madden, P.E. has provided expert reports and testified in the capacity of an Expert Witness in court proceedings, including depositions, arbitrations and/or trials.
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering, through its Senior Forensic Engineer James D. Madden, P.E., is available for Accident Investigations, Engineering Analyses, Accident Reconstructions, and testimony in deposition, arbitration and trial, for cases located throughout North America.
Use Control F, 'Ctrl' + 'F', to locate specific words on this page. Use the Search Box below to search the whole website.
for more information,
click on subject listings below
Related Basic Specialties
These Specialties are in a website which will open in a separate tab to the right of the current tab. This website in the current tab and the new website will be available side by side.
If lines of text overlap in this website check the browser zoom setting - reducing the zoom should prevent overlap of lines of text.
If parts of the website are missing or distorted, such as a section of the Left Navigation Bar, or a button, try rebooting the page in the browser, one or more times - click on the circle arrow at the left of the website name [URL].
brown buttons below open pdfs in separate tabs for downloading
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering
over 30 Years Investigating, Analyzing, Reconstructing & Testifying about Accidents
Forensic Engineering & Scientific Accident Reconstruction
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering
1700 West Market Street, Suite 318, Akron, Ohio 44313, or
8803 Brecksville Road, Suite 7-216, Cleveland, Ohio 44141
phone: 440-838-1191 or 440-832-9540 fax: 440-838-1192
Copyright 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 by Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering and James D. Madden, P.E., aka James Madden and Jim Madden.
All rights reserved. This website contains photographs which are licensed with restrictions that prohibit downloading, reproduction, re-publication or re-transmission.
Madden Accident Analysis & Forensic Engineering, through its Senior Forensic Engineer, James D. Madden, P.E., a licensed professional engineer, has performed Accident Investigations, Engineering Analyses and Accident Reconstructions routinely for accidents, incidents and cases located in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and New York, in the technical areas which are noted in this website, as well as providing expert reports and testifying in court proceedings in these states in the capacity of an Expert Witness, including depositions, arbitrations and/or trials, with Forensic Engineering work also performed in, and/or for cases in, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, Vermont, Kansas and Utah, with testimony in court in Kansas.